Cambridge Science Festival Preview – 105science
In the Cambridge Science Festival, Nick Crumpton tells why mammals are better than dinosaurs. And researcher Dr Andrew Holding tells of the Skeptics in the Pub discussion group and of Bright Club, where scientists collide with humour.
The next Science Show will be on 23rd March 2013 at 2.30pm on Cambridge 105. Listen on your web browser or wireless.
Guests in this Podcast:
Dr Andrew Holding
- Bright Club http://cambridge.brightclub.org/
- ThinkCon http://thinkoutreach.org/ThinkCon/
- Skeptics in the Pub http://cambridge.skepticsinthepub.org/
- Nick’s Blog http://lsmonsters.wordpress.com/
- “Triassic Terrors” – a book for 7-11 year olds http://www.flyingeyebooks.com/feb/?feb_books=triassic-terrors
- Check out BlueSci films such as How to Look Inside a Volcano http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueSciFilm?feature=watch
Events in March 2013:
The Cambridge Science Festival will run from the 11th to the 24th March 2013. For the schedule of events and bookings, go to their website: www.cam.ac.uk/sciencefestival
On 17th March Cambridge Science Centre offers Sunday Science where families can meet budding scientists and engineers to hear about their work. http://www.cambridgesciencecentre.org/whats-on/events/sunday-science/
On 19th March Cambridge Science Centre runs Late Night Lab for adults at 18 Jesus Lane. http://www.cambridgesciencecentre.org/whats-on/events/late-night-lab-next-generation/
On 23rd March 1pm join the Cambridge Science Centre visit to the Institute for Manufacturing for a fun day of making things fly in their wind tunnel. See www.cambridgesciencecentre.org