primary: which colour for cycling
Which colour do you think is the brightest?
The light sensor can measure brightness. In this activity you will use it to compare the colours of clothing.
Fabrics of different colour, shiny and dull fabrics in the same colour. Computer and the light sensor.
1. Get the computer to measure the light level.
2. Test each of the fabrics.
3. Record your readings.
1. Put the fabrics into order – put the brightest first.
2. Which fabrics would be safest to wear?
3. Say how you made a fair test of the fabrics.
Suppose you were riding a cycle in the evening. Do you think your clothes would look as bright? Do another experiment to test this.