heat conduction through a window
Get two temperature sensors to measure the temperature inside and outside a window.
You may find that over a long period of time it is best to record your data remotely. This means that your data logger stores the data and is not connected to the computer. You will need to connect the data logger to the computer to see the data when you have finished your experiment.
- How does the temperature vary each day?
- Which sensor shows the greatest range of temperature?
- How do you think the heat travels through the glass?
- How do the weather conditions affect the results? – it might be a good idea to use a light sensor at the same time to monitor the light level on the window.
- You will find a sample result from this experiment nearby: here
Experiment by Schools On Line Science