Birds and habitats + Engineering for the world land speed record – 105science
Learn about wetlands and bird habitats as Chris Creese grabs binoculars and speaks with Peter Herkenrath, Chairman of the Cambridgeshire Bird Club. Also in this Science Show Roger Frost finds out about Bloodhound, an engineering initiative for students to build the world’s fastest car. He speaks with Ian Galloway, Bloodhound’s Education Professional Development Director.
- You’re invited to participate at Cambridgeshire Bird Club www.cambridgebirdclub.org.uk. Conference on raptor conservation September 29th at Cottenham Village College
- Top birdwatching sites in Cambridgeshire http://www.cambridgebirdclub.org.uk/topsites.html
- Local nature reserves by Cambridge City Council http://lnr.cambridge.gov.uk/ and Wildlife Trust http://www.wildlifebcn.org/reserves-by-county
- More great bird societies, Royal Society for Protection of Birds www.rspb.org.uk and British Trust for Ornithology www.bto.org.uk
- The BLOODHOUND Project, an engineering adventure for the 21st century www.bloodhoundssc.com
The Science Show 28/07/2012